Welcome to the Bundalaguah Myrtlebank Hall alias the Bundy Hall!
The innovative Hall that refused to be shut down by the local council and has become a community centre and music venue for hundreds of followers!
The committee that formed has worked very hard to overcome all obstacles and this is the re-invented Bundy hall! We have applied for grants and used all our resources to renovate the Hall: re-stumped the foundations, replaced the roof, sanded and varnished the floors, made the Hall wheel chair friendly, put in a new kitchen, new curtains, new water tank and pump….. The list goes on. You can follow this link to find out more about our renovation journey.
A big thank you to the Wellington Shire, Regional Development Victoria, FRRR and all the wonderful local community and committee members who have given their valuable time and assets to help the Bundy Hall to become what it is now.
The Bundy Hall Committee works with Live at the Bundy to host music gigs every month for local music enthusiasts and to give the live music bands a venue that is all about the music!
The Bundy has state of the art music sound which has been lovingly built and installed by Paul Versteden and John Burnett who are experts in this field. Come and enjoy the next Live at the Bundy music gig yourself! The plan from the outset was to have premium artists, premium sound and a premium acoustic environment. It’s all about the music!
To find out what events are on at the Bundy Hall go to What’s on at the Bundy Hall. You will find Yoga classes, Zumba, Pilates and CWA events.
the Hall Hire Application form and conditions. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bundy Hall committee has decided to apply for a grant for a big picture project called the Bundalaguah Hall Future Plan.
We are applying for this community assistance grant to enable us to get the first part of the project completed. This will be the storage room on the Southern Wall of the supper room. Doing this will achieve the first part of our future plan. That is to make the hall more attractive to potential hirer’s.
This plan came about as a result of a Hall Committee strategic planning meeting on the 13th December 2016. As a result of this meeting we developed a future plan. The preliminary plans for the hall upgrade project can be viewed below.
The storage room on the Southern Wall of the Supper room is the highest priority in our future plan. This is because this will give us the best business return on capital invested. The storage room removes the main blocker to us increasing our self-generated income. The business case for the storage room is at the end of this document.
The main elements of the Business Plan are as follows.
- We need to increase the amount of income that the Hall generates from its own activities so that we are less reliant on grant money for on going running costs and up keep of the hall.
- The best opportunity to increase self-generated income for the hall is from hiring the hall more often. We are getting more enquiry but the fact that our supper room is doubling as a storage room is limiting our ability to hire it out.
- As a result of our hall now being recognized as a First-Class Music and Events Venue, this is a strength that we can build on. We can further improve the hall as a community venue for these events.
- The proposed improvements to the hall will assist us in attracting well known music acts and bigger crowds to the events.
- The prosed improvements will provide for better community access.
- To do this we want to add storage rooms on the southern side of the hall. This will free up the supper room and along with refurbishing the interior of the supper room and getting a Wi Fi facility it will become much more attractive for people to hire it. It will also appeal to a wider market.
- Shifting the stage from the Western end of the hall to the Eastern end will gain us about 15% more floor space.
- Changing the main entry point to the western door will greatly improve traffic flow, crowd control, access to the toilets and safety. Currently if you want to go to the Kitchen to purchase tea or coffee you have to make your way through the crowd at the front of the hall. Changing the traffic flow will make it much easier to access the help drive sales from our kitchen.
- Part of the stage relocation project will include sound proofing the eastern end of the hall. This will limit the road noise, further enhancing the acoustic environment in the hall and its desirability as a venue for hire.
- The new stage will be bigger allowing more space for bands to set up.
- The sound system will be further enhanced while it is being shifted.
- Addition of a verandah and deck on the Northern side of the hall. This will accommodate and allow outdoor events by providing shade and shelter. There will also be a verandah added on the Western end of the hall which will become the main entrance.
- Our intention is to make our hall a valuable community asset which will be of use for our community for a long time into the future.